- StreetTech http://www.streettech.com/
My favorite guide to personal electronic technologies – “The street finds its own uses for things.” – William Gibson
- Wearable Computing Group at Carnegie-Mellon http://www.wearablegroup.org/
I like to watch the progress at universities on wearable computing – it seems like something that grabs the imagination of students. I bounce back and forth between Carnegie Mellon and MIT.
- Neural Prosthesis Program – National Institute of Health http://www.ninds.nih.gov/funding/research/npp/
Progressing from the external interface to the internal.
- Association for Automatic Identification and Mobility http://www.aimglobal.org/technologies/rfid/
Very small radio frequency chips are being embedded in everything from credit cards to passports (well, maybe). What are the implications of RFID implants in humans – don’t you want to be linked into global supply chains? This site is an industry association that thinks benefits. On the other side:
- The RFID Opposition http://www.nocards.org/